(PowerCore 20K) A1366
We have discovered that due to a manufacturing condition, a small number of our Anker 535 Power Banks may overheat and pose a fire safety risk. The safety of our customers is Anker Innovations’ highest priority, and we have issued a voluntary recall of all Anker 535 Power Bank (PowerCore 20K) A1366 devices.
Anker is working closely with local government agencies to ensure a comprehensive and safe recall process. Anker’s U.S. affiliate Fantasia Trading LLC is conducting a voluntary recall in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (“CPSC”). Click here to view the CPSC press release.
We urge all customers with an Anker 535 Power Bank (PowerCore 20K) A1366 to follow the steps below.
You can verify the model of your Anker battery by looking on the bottom of battery (see image below) and confirm that it reads: 535 Power Bank (PowerCore 20K) and Model: A1366.
1. Immediately stop using this device
2. Store this device in a safe location
3. Do not throw battery into the trash or recycling bin
4. Please dispose of your device at a facility that accepts Lithium batteries
5. Click here to initiate a refund for your 535 Power Bank (PowerCore 20K) A1366
Email: email@example.com. Please include “535 Power Bank Recall” in the subject line
Phone: We offer phone support in the following regions. Additional contact details can be found at https://us.anker.com/pages/contact
- United States: (800) 988 7973
- Germany: +49 (0) 69 9579 7960
- United Kingdom: +44 (0) 1604 936 200
As stated above, please dispose of your device at a facility that accepts lithium-ion batteries. Below is a list of resources providing more detail on the proper disposal of Lithium batteries. If your country is not listed below, please research the local rules and regulations of Lithium battery disposal in your specific region.
- USA: Due to local and state ordinances, the product cannot be thrown in the trash and cannot be deposited in used battery recycling boxes found at various retail and home improvement stores. Please check with your local municipality for recycling options for this recalled battery, or visit one of the following websites to find recycling locations near you:
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: https://www.epa.gov/recycle/used-lithium-ion-batteries
- Earth 911: https://search.earth911.com/?what=Lithium-ion+Batteries
- Call2Recycle: https://www.call2recycle.org/locator/
- France: https://www.ecologie.gouv.fr/info-tri
- United Kingdom: https://www.recyclenow.com/recycling-locator
- Germany: https://www.umweltbundesamt.de/umwelttipps-fuer-den-alltag/elektrogeraete/lithium-batterien-lithium-ionen-akkus#gewusst-wie