Power banks have become an essential accessory for our modern lifestyle, providing portable and convenient charging solutions for our electronic devices on the go. However, when your power bank stops charging you may be feeling frustrated and may have to buy a new one. Fortunately, before making such an expensive purchase, you can try and reset the device first - as this can often help fix most charging issues that are occurring.
In this blog post, we will explore how power banks work and how to reset a power bank, specifically how to reset Anker power bank, by offering step-by-step instructions on correctly resetting your device to repair the power bank not charging. So, you can get back up and running without any costly replacements or repairs! And there are some maintenance tips to extend the life of your power bank. Read on to find more!
When do you need to reset your power bank?
Before we dive into how to reset a power bank, we’d better figure out when the power bank needs to be reset. Some of the most common conditions include:
- Malfunctioning or inconsistent charging
- Battery drain or damage
If you're experiencing any of these issues, resetting your power bank may help.
How to reset a power bank?
Resetting a power bank is a relatively simple process for a majority of brands. Here are the general steps to follow:
- Turn off your power bank - if your power bank has a power button, press and hold it until it turns off. If it doesn't have a power button, unplug it from any charging source.
- Disconnect any devices or cables from your power bank.
- Locate the reset button - this is usually a small button or pinhole located on the side or back of the power bank.
- Press and hold the reset button for a few seconds.
- Release the reset button and turn on your power bank.
- Wait for your power bank to fully charge before using it again.
How to reset Anker power bank
If you have an Anker power bank, then the following steps are especially well-adapted to it. If you are wondering why your Anker power bank not charging. Here's how to reset anker powercore 20000:
- Plug the Micro input port and USB output port together using the USB cable provided.
- Keep the cable connected for approximately 15 seconds before detaching it.
- Once the LED lights stop flashing or the power bank not blinking, your Anker power bank has been successfully reset and is ready to use.
- Reboot your power bank and evaluate its performance once the device has been reset.
Power bank maintenance tips
Maintaining your power bank is crucial for its long-term performance and durability. Here are some useful power bank maintenance tips to fix power bank or keep your device in top condition:
- Store your power bank properly: When not in use, keep your power bank in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture. Avoid exposing it to extreme temperatures as this can damage the battery.
- Charge your power bank regularly: Regularly charging your power bank, even if you're not using it, can help to maintain its battery life. It's recommended to charge your power bank every three months if it's not in use.
- Use the right charging cable: Always use the charging cable that came with your power bank or a compatible cable from a reputable brand. Using a low-quality or incompatible cable can damage your power bank and be a possible reason why your Anker portable charger not charging.
- Avoid overcharging or undercharging: Overcharging or undercharging your power bank can damage the battery and shorten its lifespan. It's recommended to unplug your power bank once it's fully charged and avoid letting it completely drain before charging it again.
- Clean your power bank regularly: Wipe down your power bank with a soft, dry cloth to remove any dust or debris. Avoid using harsh chemicals or cleaning products as they can damage the surface of your power bank.
Solving power bank charging issues is now easy, thanks to the knowledge and techniques you’ve just learned about how to reset a power bank. Just by resetting your power banks, you can save yourself from future problems such as slow charging, overheating, battery damage, and other common issues.
Once you've reset the power bank and successfully started using it again, remember to always keep an eye on the overall condition. Minor cleaning and dusting are all essential tasks that will play an important role in prolonging its life. Ultimately, with these tips in mind, your charging woes from defective power banks will soon be history!
FAQ about How to reset the power bank
How long do power banks usually last?
The lifespan of a power bank varies depending on the quality, usage, and maintenance of the device. Typically, a good-quality power bank can last for 1.5-3 years or even longer if properly maintained. Anker powercore 20100 portable battery chargers, for example, have a lifespan of around 500 charge cycles, which can translate to roughly 2-3 years of use.
However, the actual lifespan can vary depending on the usage patterns, such as how often it's charged and how long it's used. Proper maintenance and usage, such as using the correct cable and charger, avoiding overcharging or undercharging, and storing it in a cool, dry place, can help extend the lifespan of your power bank.
What can damage a power bank?
Exposure to high temperatures, humidity, or moisture, using the wrong charger or cable, overcharging or undercharging, physical damage, and charging while still connected to another device can damage a power bank. It's important to avoid exposing your power bank to these factors and to use the correct charging equipment. By taking care of your power bank and following the manufacturer's instructions, you can help ensure that it continues to provide reliable power for all your devices. Therefore, there is no need to stress about why is my Anker charger not charging.
How to extend the life of my power bank?
To extend or maintain a power bank lifespan, store it in a cool, dry place and use the correct charger and cable. Always maintain a regular charging schedule, avoid physical damage, and keep your device clean. With these tips, your power bank can last longer and provide you with reliable power.
Be the First to Know