3 Methods on How to Charge Your Phone Without a Charger
Have you ever been in a situation where your phone power has suddenly evaporated away and your charger is nowhere to be found? It's easy to feel frustrated, but don’t worry - there are actually quite a lot of emergency solutions that can help you charge up your smartphone when you have no access to a power charger! In this blog post, we'll walk through 3 proven methods on how to quickly and easily charge up your smartphone with little-to-no hassle. Keep reading to find out more about the various charging options available.
How to Charge Phone without Charger
This section explains several ways to charge your phone without a phone charger, including using a power bank, trying wireless charging, or finding a USB port. All of these methods require a charging cable or wireless phone charging pad that is compatible with your iPhone or Android device.
Prepare a Power Bank
The use of a mobile power bank charger is the most favored method. It can be carried around, so it is referred to as a "smartphone partner". when you can not use regular phone chargers, remember to keep one in your own bag or somewhere within easy reach.
Although all modern power banks can provide enough power to charge your phone, not all of them support fast charging, even if your phone does. Therefore, to use this method, you'll need to do some planning ahead:
- Charge your power bank ahead of time. Depending on the battery capacity, the time required for charging varies. Usually, we need to charge the power bank the day before we travel.
- Choose a suitable power bank. There are a wide variety of power banks available for charging smartphones, from small, low-capacity models, perhaps suitable for a single charge, to large, powerful banks that have the potential to charge your phone 2-3 times.
- When using the power bank, plug one end of the USB charging cable into the port of the power bank and the other end into the charging port of the phone to realize charging.
Try Wireless Charging
Wireless charging is a recent emerging charging method. It came into being with the increasing requirements of power supply quality, safety, reliability, and convenience of power-using devices. The following are the steps on how to charge your phone with a wireless charger.
- First, you need a wireless charger that is compatible with your phone. Connect your wireless charger to a power source. Using the power adapter that came with your accessory or the instruction manual's recommended power adapter.
- Place the wireless charger on a level surface.
- Place your phone on the charger with the display facing up. For best performance, place it in the center of the charger or in a position recommended by the instruction manual.
- Your phone should start charging after a few seconds of being placed on the wireless charger. You can confirm whether the charging is successful by looking at the charging icon in the status bar.
If you are looking for a safe wireless charger, the Anker 313 Wireless Charger is highly recommended, which offers complete charging convenience by simply placing your phone in the center of the PowerWave Pad and instantly charging it. No more fussing with plugging and unplugging cables. It provides enough power for the phone model it's adapted to.
Use a USB Port to Charge Your Phone
USB ports can be found in almost all airports and cafes, and they can provide enough power for your smartphone. Also, some hotels are equipped with USB ports next to the bed or lamp; modern cars have USB ports; and if you come with a laptop, they are also able to charge your phone through the USB port. The ports are usually USB-A shaped, which is the rectangular end you usually use on USB chargers.
For this process, you will need a charging cable that is compatible with your phone. Plug the USB-A end of the charging cable into the USB port, then plug the other end like USB-C into your phone.
Keeping phones charged at all times is also part of the sense of security of modern people, but we always encounter the time when we forget the charger or can not find it when we are out. This blog provides three reliable options, which can cover many situations. Hope this blog can help you solve the charging problem. It is necessary to remind you that you should always pay attention to the safety of charging. Do not use a charger or power bank with problems, so as not to damage your phone and even cause danger. Be sure to prepare a reliable power supply in advance before going out.
FAQ about How to Charge Your Phone Without a Charger
How Do You Charge Your Phone in an Emergency?
There are 6 ways to charge your phone in an emergency:
- Power bank - Perfect for on-the-go or travel as it fits easily in your purse, pocket, or carry-on.
- Wireless charger - Easy to keep your phone charging at any time in the office or at home.
- USB port - easily available in a variety of public places to ensure you get power for your phones.
- Car charger - Power your phone up and running while on the go, such as on long road trips, camping sites, or even a daily commute.
- Solar charger - Great for outdoor camping, hiking, and trekking.
- Hand-Crack charger - ideal for camping trips, concerts, road trips, or anywhere you need power but don't have access to a traditional outlet.
Can a Phone Charge itself without a Charger?
Actually, the phone can’t charge itself now, which may need some kind of generator integrated into the phone. However, we can charge our phones even without a charger by using appropriate USB cables to connect to other power sources like computers, power banks, portable power stations, cars, solar panels, or hand-crack chargers.
How Do I Charge My Phone Wirelessly?
To charge your phone wirelessly, you need first to ensure both your phone and wireless charger support the same wireless charging standard. Then you can wireless charge your phone as below:
- Connect your wireless charger to a power source.
- Place the wireless charger on a level surface or other location recommended by the instruction manual.
- Place your phone on the charger with the display facing up, then it will start charging instantly. Note that the wireless charging sensing area of the phone is generally the middle of the phone.
Be the First to Know