Are you ready to have the best Nintendo Switch gaming experience? Charging your Switch controllers is a vital part of the experience, as it allows you to enjoy hours of gaming without having to worry about running out of power. Nevertheless, how to charge Nintendo Switch controllers? Do not worry, this step-by-step guide will help you get the most out of your Nintendo Switch experience. With just a few simple steps, you can easily charge your controllers and be ready to game in no time. So, let us get started!
How to Charge Nintendo Switch Controllers
Nintendo Switch controllers are wireless remotes designed to be used with the Nintendo Switch game console. These accessories allow you to control your games and navigate the Switch's menus easily to get an immersive gaming experience. However, they also need to be charged as all electronic devices. Read on to learn different ways to charge them.
Dock the Joy Cons to the Console
If you want an easy, hassle-free way of charging your Joy-Cons, consider connecting it to the Nintendo Switch console. This handy accessory allows you to attach both joy cons to charge at once.
- Start by connecting the Joy-Con controllers into the slots on each side of your Nintendo Switch console.
- Press down gently on both of them until you hear a click, which indicates that they are securely in place. Usually, you’ll see an onscreen notification to show they’re connected.
- Connect the AC adapter to an electrical outlet to charge the Joy-Cons switch through the console.
- Keep the Nintendo Switch in “sleep” mode but don’t turn off it, or the charging may stop. It may need 3 and a half hours to fully charge the Nintendo switch controller.
Try the Joy Cons Charging Dock
You can charge your Switch in a dock in a matter of minutes without having to leave it on.
- Attach the provided cable to the Switch dock's USB port so that the Joy-Con controllers can be charged.
- With the red lights on top, dock up to four Joy-Con controllers. When the controllers' lights become green, they are completely charged.
Charge the Pro Controller with a Power Bank
So how to charge Nintendo Switch pro controllers with a power bank? Charging your controller with a power bank can be a great way to make sure you are always ready to play and never run out of battery. Here's what you'll need to do:
- You will need to find a USB-C compatible power bank. This is important because the Pro Controller is charged via USB-C. It is also important to make sure the power bank has enough capacity to charge your controller. We advise you to use the Anker power bankwhich is usually compatible with multiple ports.
- Connect the USB-C cable from your Pro Controller to the USB-C port on your power bank. This is usually located on the side of the power bank. The charging process should start automatically, but if it does not, press the power button on the power bank. The LED indicator should light up to indicate that the controller is charging.
- Keep an eye on the LED indicator. When it turns off, that means your controller is fully charged and you can disconnect it from the power bank. It is also a good idea to check the charge level of your power bank after charging your controller; if it's getting low, recharge it before you go out and play!
Charging your Nintendo Switch pro controllers is an essential part of gaming with the Switch. It is important to know how to properly charge your Switch controllers so that you can avoid any issues while gaming. With this guide, you now know how to charge Nintendo Switch controllers, how to check the battery level of your controllers, and how long it takes to charge them. So, what are you waiting for? Get ready to play your favorite games with your fully charged Nintendo Switch controllers.
FAQ about How to Charge Nintendo Switch Controllers
How Do I Know if My Switch Controllers are Charging?
When the Joy-Cons are docked to the console, you can tell that they are charging by looking at the LED lights on the Joy-Cons. When the Joy-Cons are charging, the LED lights will be lit up. When using a power bank to charge the Pro Controller, you can tell if the controller is charging by checking the LED light on the power bank. If the LED light is on, then the Pro Controller is charging.
How Long Does it Take to Charge Nintendo Switch Controllers?
Charging your Nintendo Switch controllers can take some time, depending on the type of controller you have and the ways to charge them.
With the standard Joy-Con controller, then you can expect it to take about 3 and a half hours to fully charge it by connecting it to the console. If you use a Pro Controller, then charging it will take slightly longer - around 5 to 6 hours with Nintendo Switch Console or a USB wall charger. However, if you have a Charging Grip for your Joy-Con, then it will take around 4 to 6 hours to charge both controllers at the same time.
Do Switch Controllers Charge When Switch is Off?
It depends on the charging method you choose. If you are using the Nintendo Switch Console to charge your Joy-Cons or Pro Controllers, then they will not charge while the console is turned off.
However, if you are charging your controllers with a charging dock, USB wall charger, or a power bank, then they will continue to charge even when the console is off.
Be the First to Know