A Complete Guide on Solar Generator for CPAP Machine
CPAP machines are often recommended by doctors to their patients suffering from sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a medical condition that affects your breathing while you sleep. To prevent health concerns associated with sleep apnea, a CPAP machine must be used continuously while you sleep. CPAP machines run on electricity and they don’t have their own power supply. So, during an episode of an electric power cut, the machine would stop functioning. If you don’t want this to happen to you, we recommend using your own portable power backup solution such as Anker 767 Solar Generator or Anker 555 Solar Generator. Stay tuned as we are about to discuss the topic in much detail.
Understanding Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder that deprives you of oxygen for short periods of time. It is mainly of two types: Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and central sleep apnea (CSA). In OSA, the airflow to the lungs gets blocked because the throat muscles over relax. In CSA, the brain doesn’t send proper signals to the muscles involved in breathing. As a result, muscles relax way too much and block the air passage and cause loud snoring. Sleep apnea can be treated with the following treatment options:
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) Therapy: It is a machine designed to deliver pressurized air via a mask that you wear while sleeping. A CPAP machine makes sure that you get enough oxygen during an ongoing event of sleep apnea.
- Oral appliances: These devices can help to keep your airway open during sleep.
- Surgery: In some cases, surgery may be necessary to open your airway or remove any obstructions.
What is a CPAP Machine And How Does It Work?
Patients suffering from sleep apnea use a CPAP machine for breathing assistance during sleep. The machine delivers pressurized air through a mask that you have to wear while you sleep. The pressurized air ensures that your breathing airway remains open during deep sleep. Continuous use of a CPAP machine on a doctor's recommendation will help to reduce almost all symptoms of sleep apnea such as fatigue, high blood pressure, stroke, and heart disease.
CPAP machines are typically used to treat obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), a sleep disorder that occurs when your breathing repeatedly stops and starts during sleep. OSA can cause a number of health problems, including daytime sleepiness, high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke.
A CPAP machine doesn’t require much interaction. With sophisticated electronics, the CPAP machine auto-regulates the air pressure and delivers the right amount of air through the mask. Before going to sleep, just wear the CPAP mask, switch on the machine, and sleep without getting troubled with sleep apnea symptoms.
How Many Watts Does a CPAP Machine Need?
The general power consumption of any CPAP machine may be anywhere between 30-60 watts. Power consumption greatly depends on the model of the CPAP machine, air pressure setting, and humidifier function. Your doctor or the sleep specialist will recommend you a CPAP machine that suits your needs.
How to Use CPAP Machines Without Electricity?
Here are some ways to use a CPAP machine without electricity:
- Use a Portable Battery Pack: You can use portable battery packs if you want to power your CPAP machine for a limited time period. Battery packs are cheap and they also come with fast charging support. However, they are not ideal to run your CPAP machine for a long period of time. We also don’t recommend using a battery pack overnight with your CPAP because the batteries inside can deplete any time.
- Use a Solar Charger: If you live in a remote area, you can use a solar charger to charge your portable battery packs. You can then use these battery packs to power your CPAP machines.
- Use a Power Station: If you don’t want to use a noisy power generator, you can go for a portable power station instead. Consumer grade power stations can be used to power multiple devices simultaneously. They feature high capacity batteries which can power your CPAP machine for more than 8 hours. A power station is an ideal power solution for your CPAP machine because it is highly reliable.
The Best Solar Generator for CPAP Machines
Let’s learn more about two of the best solar generators available today for CPAP machine, see below.
Anker 767 Solar Generator
The Anker 767 Solar Generator is a powerful and versatile portable power station that can be used to charge a variety of devices, including laptops, phones, tablets, and CPAP machines. It has a massive 2048Wh capacity and can output up to 2400W of power, making it ideal for use in remote areas or during power outages. The Anker 767 Solar Generator also features a built-in solar panel, so you can charge it even when there is no electricity available. It also has a variety of other features, including a built-in flashlight, a USB-C port, and a Bluetooth connection.
Anker 555 Solar Generator
Solar Generator 555 is a reliable, long-lasting portable power station, featuring our InfiniPower™ technology and LiFePO4 batteries, impact-resistant structural design, smart temperature control system and ultra-durable components, it's built to last for 10 years with everyday use. Plus, enjoy a 5-year full device warranty with Anker 555 Solar Generator. Designed for versatility in the outdoors, this powerhouse includes 200W solar input, 3 high-speed charging USB-C ports with 100W max output & 6 AC ports plus 2 USB-A ports, a 1024Wh capacity and 1000 wattage – making it perfect for charging all your essential devices & appliances.
If you use a CPAP machine, a solar generator becomes necessary to provide backup during power outages. A number of portable solar generators are available online today, but you should choose the one that suits your power needs. You should also take care of the size, wattage, and overall output of the solar generator. We recommend choosing those solar generators that are ideal for running sensitive electronics. The Anker 767 solar generator and the Anker 555 solar generator are two such options. Both of these solar generators offer the best value for your money, and they are also ideal for your CPAP machine.
Be the First to Know