- What is the difference between the Apple output ports and Android output ports?
- The Apple ports provide maximum output up to 2.1A; the Android ports provide maximum output up to 1.5A.
The Apple ports are especially designed to accommodate the circuit design of Apple products while the Android ports are especially designed to accommodate the circuit design of Android phones. Please note that the maximum output current shared between the ports is 7.2A.
- How can I use the Apple output and Android output ports?
- Please refer to the table below for charging currents for different devices:
Apple Port Android Port iPad (iOS 5 and above) 2.1A 1.5A iPad (below iOS 5) 2.1A N/A iPhone (iOS 5 and above) 1A 1A iPhone (below iOS 5) 1A N/A Android phones 0.5A 1.5A (max) Other devices 0.5A 1.5A (max)
Note: the wall charger design supports up to a 7.2A total output current. When the wall charger detects excessive output demands, it will automatically shut down to prevent internal damage.
- What if my device is not an Android or Apple device?
- The ports are customized for Android and Apple to supply maximum charge speeds. You may still use either port to charge your device as long as your device's input current falls within the accepted range.
- When the charger is plugged into an outlet but has no devices plugged in, will it consume power? What is the standby power consumption?
- The charger will consume almost no power in this state. Its standby power consumption is rated at ≤0.5W.
Documents & Drivers
- Documents & Drivers
- Update Firmware
- Process a Warranty
- Warranty Info
- Product Verification
- WEEE Info
- Contact Us
- US +1 (800) 988 7973 Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM (PT)
- UK +44 (0) 1604 936 200 Mon-Fri 6AM-11AM (GMT)
- DE +49 (0) 69 9579 7960 Mon-Fri 6AM-11AM
- JP +81 03 4455 7823 Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM
- CN +86 400 0550 036 Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM
- UAE +971 8000320817 Sun-Thu 9AM-5:30PM
- KSA +966 8008500030 Sun-Thu 8AM-4:30PM
- Middle East & Africa +971 42463266 Sun-Thu 9AM-5:30PM
- Egypt +20 8000000826 Sun-Thu 7AM-3:30PM
Copyright © 2020 Anker Innovations Limited