8W Portable Foldable Outdoor Solar Charger
Tap into the sun's radiance and power up your gadgets with freedom.
Brilliant power supply.
When you're out enjoying the great outdoors, enjoy yet another perk: free limitless power. Simply spread out the solar panels or attach to your pack to start repowering your gadgets. 8 watts provides enough power to charge one device at a time.
PowerIQ: Compatibility maximized.
Not all charging ports are created equal. Standard ports only communicate effectively with particular devices, like Apple OR Android, often limiting their recharge rate. But with PowerIQ technology, each port intelligently identifies your device to speak its unique charging language. So plug in any brand or model and enjoy compatibility that doesn't limit your charging speed (although the weather still might).
Folding down into an easily–stowable paper–sized package and weighing in at less than a pound, the solar charger adds minimal bulk to your backpack. Well–placed eyeholes enable easy attachment to your pack, tent or even trees.
The panels are faced with industrial–grade PET plastic and bound together using heavy–duty polyester canvas, equipping this solar array with ultimate weather–resistant durability. Premium materials and circuitry ensure lifetime reliability.
For optimal use.
Minimize exposure to water to protect electrical components.
Compatible with ALL USB–charged devices (except the Asus Transformer and iPod Classic).
To ensure complete safety and best performance, we strongly recommend using your device's original cable or a third–party certified one (such as MFI).
- Output :5V / 1A
- Weight :390g / 13.8oz
- Dimensions :230 x 160 x20mm / 9.1 x 6.3 x 0.8in (closed size) 490 x 230 x 4mm / 19.2 x 9.1 x 0.16in (open size)
- What kind of USB charging cables should I use with this charger?
- To ensure complete safety and best performance, we strongly recommend using your device's original cable or a third-party certified cables (such as MFI).
- What if the Anker 8W Foldable Dual-Port Solar Charger is not charging my device(s)?
- A. Check to ensure that your device’s input current and voltage requirements fall within the accepted range.
B. Cloudy weather and indirect sunlight may cause fluctuations in the current output that prevent your devices from charging. In this event, try placing the solar charger in more direct sunlight or wait for the weather to clear.
- How do I check my devices input current and voltage?
- Please refer to your device’s user manual, original OEM charging adapter, or contact the manufacturer to determine this information.
- If it is partially cloudy or not very sunny, can I still charge my devices with this charger?
- Yes, but the charging output may be lower prolonged charging time. If the solar panel has its light suddenly limited (by a passing cloud for example) you may need to unplug and then replug your device to begin charging again.
- Can you use this charger to charge Anker external batteries?
- It is compatible with external batteries that need a 5V input. However, the amperage output of the solar panel is not consistent throughout the day and it varies in season. We suggest using the solar panel to charge big external batteries when the sunshine is strong (the optimum time is 11.00-14.00 in summer), as the density of sunshine affects the output of the solar panel. Please also put the Anker external battery in the pocket of the solar charger to avoid direct sunlight or exposure or excessive heat which may damage the battery.
- Why it is advertised as 8W while its max output is 5V/1A?
- The 8 watt mono-crystalline solar array is 15-18% efficient and can provide up to 5V / 1A total output from the single USB port.
- Is it waterproof?
- No. Please minimize exposure to water to protect the charger's electrical components.
- What is the operating/storage temperature for this solar charger?
- The ideal cell operating temperature is 77℉, the operating temperature is from -4℉~140℉.