- The Anker Advantage: Join the 10 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Exclusive PowerIQ Technology: Detects your device to deliver its fastest possible charge speed up to 3 amps.
- Huge Capacity: Charges the iPhone 6 five times, the iPhone 6 Plus or Galaxy S5 over three times or the iPad Air once. Safely recharges with a 2 amp or higher output charger (most phone chargers have only 1 amp).
- Superior Quality: Premium LG cells, cutting-edge circuitry and a sturdy gloss exterior ensure reliability and safety. To activate the LED flashlight, hold or double click the power meter button.
- What You Get: Anker 2nd Generation Astro E4 Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank, Micro USB cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our fan-favorite 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
- Output:5V / 3A (total)
- Input:5V / 2A (max)
- Weight:296g / 10.4oz
- Size:150 × 62 × 22mm / 5.9 × 2.5 × 0.9in
- Can I use a different USB cable rather than the cable that comes with the 2nd Gen Astro E 13000mAh external battery?
- Yes, you can use other cables. However, to ensure compatibility and best performance, we strongly recommend using your device’s original cable, a third-party certified cable (such as MFI) or the included cable.
- What kind of wall charger should I use to charge the 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh external battery?
- You can safely recharge your Astro in 6-7 hours using a 2 amp or higher output charger. Lower output chargers (such as phone chargers) will not charge as quickly or safely.
- How long will the 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh external battery take to be fully charged?
- It takes around 7-8 hours to fully charge the battery with a 2A wall charger.
- What devices are compatible with the 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh external battery?
- The battery is compatible with Android, Apple or other devices by enabling charge speeds of up to 3 amps overall or 3 amps per port.The battery is compatible with Android, Apple and almost all other devices charged via USB. It has a maximum output of 3.0A shared between the ports with each port able to deliver the full 3.0A.
- Does the 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh external battery work with the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus?
- Yes, but the Apple cable is not included. Please use your device's original cable.
- Will the supplied Micro USB v2.0 cable compatible with the Micro USB v3.0 devices, such as Samsung Galaxy S5/Note2/Note3?
- Yes, take a close look at the port and you will see the port is divided, insert the none Micro-USB 3.0 plug to the appropriate side and it will work fine.
- What's the output efficiency of the 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh external battery?
- Approximately 30-40% of the battery capacity is unable to be used because of efficiency problems that affect all electronics devices. These include power lost from circuit heat and voltage conversions from the battery, the charging cable and your device. Your battery is able to supply 60%-70% power to other devices.
- Can the 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh external battery charge other devices while it is being charged?
- My device charges at 1 Amp, will the 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh external battery’s 3 Amp output harm it?
- No, the external battery will only supply the maximum charge current allowed by your device.
- Can the 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh external battery charge two devices simultaneously?
- Yes, it can charge two devices simultaneously. But please note that when using 2 output ports simultaneously, the total output current will not exceed 3.0A.
- How do I turn on/off the flashlight?
- Please press and hold the power button for 2~6 secs to turn on/off the flashlight.
- What do the LEDs indicate when the 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh external battery is charging itself or other devices?
- When the battery is charging your devices, the LED indicator will stay on displaying the battery’s remaining power and will turn off when the device is fully charged and not drawing a current.
When the battery is being charged, the remaining power of the LED indicators will light steadily; while the next charging LED indicator will flash. And they will turn off when the Astro E3 is fully charged.
- How long will the charge in the 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh external battery last without being used?
- Generally, our external batteries' static power consumption is so low it would take between 20 and 36 months to drain completely. However, It is also worth noting that the battery's chemicals will become less active if left unused for extended periods. To extend your battery's life, please discharge and recharge it at least once every 4 months.
- Can the 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh external battery be used for international travel?
- Yes. Please be sure that the USB AC adapter is compatible with the voltage of the country you're travelling to. The input voltage of an adapter is usually labeled on the adapter.
- Can the 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh external battery be taken on board airplanes?
Yes, all external batteries with a capacity lower than 27027mAh (100 Watt Hours) can legally and safely be taken on board airplanes according to Federal transportation security rules:
In March 2017, the governments of the United States and the United Kindom issued orders restricting a variety of different electronics from carry-on baggage when traveling to the USA and UK. The ban is likely to result in difficulties carrying portable chargers from major airports in Africa and the Middle East (with more airports expecting restrictions soon). Therefore, we strongly recommend that you confirm with your airline or airport before traveling with portable chargers to ensure problem-free flying.
Please click here to learn more details about the ban.
- What should I do if the 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh external battery can not be charged?
- Please try a different AC adapter and Micro USB cable to see if that helps. Email us at email@example.com during your 18-month warranty period if this doesn't fix the issue.
- What should I do if the 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh external battery can not charge other devices?
- Please try a different charging cable between the Astro and your device. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org during your 18-month warranty period if this doesn't fix the issue.