2 high-speed phone charges fused into a cylindrical shell that slides neatly into your back pocket.
Thanks to Anker's advanced technology, PowerCore 5000 breaks the portable charging mold. High capacity no longer means high weight.
- Space-efficient Cylindrical Shape
- 2 High-Speed Phone Charges
- High-Speed Universal Charging
By intelligently identifying any connected device, PowerIQ is able to deliver an optimum, high-speed charge to all devices. Includes Apple and Android phones and tablets as well as cameras, consoles and more.
Smart technology that determines when charging output is encountering cable resistance. By compensating for this resistance, VoltageBoost ensures charging speeds are unaffected by long or old cables.
Over an inch smaller than most smartphones. Thanks to Anker's advanced battery technology, PowerCore 5000's high capacity is easily squeezed into its space-efficient chassis.
A cylinder provides the most space-efficient shape possible. It perfectly contains its advanced battery cell and slides neatly into any pocket or pack.
The Ultra-Compact Portable Charger
From ANKER, America's Leading USB Charging Brand
• Faster and safer charging with our advanced technology
• 20 million+ happy users and counting
With at least one complete charge for any phone, PowerCore 5000 is perfect for work, travel or at home on the couch.
So small that it'll sit almost unnoticed in any pocket or bag. Its cylindrical design offers the world's best capacity-to-size ratio.
PowerCore 5000 utilizes two different fast-charging technologies. PowerIQ provides the fastest charge to any device up to 2A.VoltageBoost increases output to overcome cable resistance and ensure a consistent top-speed charge.
MultiProtect Safety System
Surge protection, short circuit preventionand more advanced safety features keep you and your devices safe.
- 1. Can I use a USB cable other than the one that came with PowerCore 5000?
- Yes, other cables can be used to charge your devices with PowerCore 5000. However, to ensure compatibility and the best possible performance, we strongly recommend using your device’s original (OEM) cable, a third-party certified (MFI) cable, or the included cable.
- 2. What kind of wall charger should I use to charge PowerCore 5000?
- You can safely recharge your powercore in 2-3 hours using a 2 amp or higher output charger. Lower output chargers (such as some phone chargers) will not charge as quickly or reliably.
- 3. How long will it take to fully recharge PowerCore 5000?
- It takes 2-3 hours to fully charge using a 2A wall charger.
- 4. What devices are compatible with PowerCore 5000?
- The PowerCore 5000 is compatible with Android, Apple and almost all other devices charged via USB except for iPod nano, iPod Classic, HP TouchPad, Asus tablets and some GPS and Bluetooth devices.
- 5. Does PowerCore 5000 work with the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus?
- Yes, PowerCore 5000 can charge all iPhones, but an Apple charging cable is not included. Use your device's original (OEM) cable or purchase a third-party certified (MFI) cable separately.
- 6. Is the supplied Micro USB V2.0 cable compatible with Micro USB V3.0 devices, such as Samsung Galaxy S5/Note2/Note3?
- Yes, take a close look at the port and you will see the port is divided, insert the none Micro-USB 3.0 plug to the appropriate side and it will work fine.
- 7. What's the output efficiency of PowerCore 5000?
- PowerCore 5000's output efficiency is 60%-70%. Approximately 30% to 40% of the battery capacity is unable to be used because of efficiency complications that affects all electronic devices. These include power lost from circuit heat and voltage conversions from the battery, the charging cable and your device
- 8. Can PowerCore 5000 charge other devices while it is being charged?
- No, we have disabled this feature due to the detrimental effects it has on the lifespan of external batteries.
- 9. My device charges at 1 Amp, will PowerCore 5000's higher output harm it?
- No, the PowerCore 5000 will only supply the maximum output current necessary to charge your device.
- 10. Can PowerCore 5000 charge two devices simultaneously?
- No, it has only one output port.
- 11. What do the LEDs indicate when PowerCore 5000 is charging itself or other devices?
- When PowerCore 5000 is charging your device, the LED indicator will stay on displaying the powercore's remaining power and will turn off when the device is fully charged and not drawing a current. When PowerCore 5000 is being charged, the remaining power of the LED indicators will light steadily; while the next charging LED indicator will flash. They will turn off when the PowerCore is fully charged.
- 12. How long will the charge in PowerCore 5000 last without being used?
- Generally, our external batteries' static power consumption is so low it would take between 20 and 36 months to drain completely. However, It is also worth noting that their chemicals will become less active if left unused for extended periods. To extend battery lifespan, discharge and recharge it at least once every 4 months.
- 13. Can PowerCore 5000 be used for international travel?
- Yes, PowerCore 5000 can be used internationally. Just be sure that your USB wall charger is compatible with the voltage of the country you're travelling to. The input voltage of an adapter is usually labeled on the adapter itself.
- 14. Can PowerCore 5000 be taken on board airplanes?
Yes, all external batteries with a capacity lower than 27027mAh (100 Watt Hours) can legally and safely be taken on board airplanes according to Federal transportation security rules:
In March 2017, the governments of the United States and the United Kindom issued orders restricting a variety of different electronics from carry-on baggage when traveling to the USA and UK. The ban is likely to result in difficulties carrying portable chargers from major airports in Africa and the Middle East (with more airports expecting restrictions soon). Therefore, we strongly recommend that you confirm with your airline or airport before traveling with portable chargers to ensure problem-free flying.
Please click here to learn more details about the ban.
- 15. What should I do if PowerCore 5000 doesn't recharge?
- Please try a different AC adapter and Micro USB cable to see if that helps. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org during your 18-month warranty period if this doesn't fix the issue.
- 16. What should I do if PowerCore 5000 doesn't charge other devices?
- Please try a different charging cable between PowerCore 5000 and your device. Email us at email@example.com during your 18-month warranty period if this doesn't fix the issue.