America’s Leading USB Charging Brand
The Speed Series By Anker
The Speed Series was created for one single purpose: To deliver the fastest charge possible to any and all USB devices.
PowerPort Speed 2 Ports
Premiering the Anker Speed series, the super-portable PowerPort Speed 2 implements multiple fast charging technologies to deliver faster charging to your devices.
- Is it safe to use the Quick Charge ports to charge non-Quick Charge devices?
- Yes. Both Quick Charge ports are also equipped with PowerIQ, Anker’s proprietary optimization technology. PowerIQ intelligently detects and adapts to your device's unique charging protocol, ensuring universal full-speed compatibility.
- What color will the indicator display when a device is being charged?
- The indicator LED will be blue, and will dim automatically in dark conditions.
- Which cable should I use with PowerPort Speed 2?
- For optimal results, we strongly recommend using your device's original cable, a certified third-party cable, or the included cable.
- What should I do if PowerPort Speed 2 does not work?
- First try a different outlet or cable. If the problem persists, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What should I do if PowerPort Speed 2 is not charging my devices quickly?
- Please reach out to us at email@example.com. Let us know the model of your phone and how long it usually takes to charge.
- How do I check my device’s input current and voltage?
- Refer to your device’s user manual and/or original OEM charging adapter. For further assistance, contact your device’s manufacturer.
- When PowerPort Speed 2 is plugged into an outlet but has no devices plugged in, will it consume power? What is the standby power consumption?
- PowerPort Speed 2 will consume almost no power in this state. Its standby power consumption is rated at less than 0.5W.
- Can I use PowerPort Speed 2 in other countries?
- Yes, PowerPort Speed 2 features international voltage compatibility for 100-240V. However, because the plug is designed for the country to which it was originally shipped, you may need to use a plug adapter when traveling.
- What should I do if some of the ports stop working?
- If a certain port isn't working properly, this may mean that PowerPort Speed 2’s internal safety switch has been triggered. To reset the switch, unplug all cables and unplug PowerPort Speed 2 from your outlet. Leave for five minutes, then retry.