California Privacy Notice
Effective as of 1/1/2020.
This California Privacy Notice ("Notice") sets for Anker Technology (UK) Ltd and its affiliates ("Anker", "we", "us" and, "our") disclosure obligations under California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") and the California Civil Code Section 1798.83. This Notice provides the additional details regarding the information defined as "personal information" under applicable California law and related to a California resident or household ("Consumers" and "you") further referred to as "Personal Information." This Notice describes the categories of Personal Information Anker has collected, the categories of Personal Information Anker has disclosed, the categories of Personal Information Anker has sold (if any), and a description of the Consumer’s rights.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under the CCPA, you may have the following consumer rights. Please note that these rights are not absolute and in certain cases are subject to conditions or limitations as specified in the CCPA:
- You have the right to request, at no charge, that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information Anker has collected in the prior 12 months.
- You have the right to request that we disclose certain information about how we have handled your Personal Information in the prior 12 months, including the:
- categories of Personal Information collected about you;
- categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information;
- business and/or commercial purposes for collecting and disclosing your Personal Information;
- and categories of third parties to/with whom your Personal Information has been disclosed/shared, including for a business purpose;
- and the specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you.
- Access: You have the right to obtain a list of categories and a copy of the Personal Information, in a portable and (if technically feasible) readily usable format, collected on you covering the 12-month period preceding the request.
- Deletion: You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information we have collected from you. This right may be subject to certain conditions and limitations under the law.
- Right to be Free from Discrimination: You may exercise all of the above rights at all times and Anker will not unlawfully discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Anker has collected the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
|Category of Personal Information (corresponds to categories listed in CCPA Section 1798.140(O)(1))||Examples (not intended to be exhaustive)|
|Category A: Identifiers||A real name; alias; signature; postal address; email address; telephone number; unique personal identifier; online identifier; Internet Protocol address; account name; or other similar identifiers.|
|Category B: Personal Information listed in Section 1798.80 of the California Customer Records statute||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.|
|Category C: Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).|
|Category D: Commercial Information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|Category E: Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.|
|Category F: Internet or other electronic network activity information.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|Category G: Geolocation data||Physical location or movements.|
|Category H: Sensory Data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.|
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Anker has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
|Category of Personal Information (corresponds to categories listed in CCPA Section 1798.140(O)(1))||Disclosed to|
|Category A: Identifiers||Our subsidiaries and affiliates.|
Our business partners.
|Category B: Personal Information listed in Section 1798.80 of the California Customer Records statute||Our subsidiaries and affiliates.|
Our business partners.
|Category C: Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.||Our subsidiaries and affiliates.|
|Category D: Commercial Information||Our subsidiaries and affiliates.|
Our business partners.
|Category E: Biometric information||Our subsidiaries and affiliates.|
|Category F: Internet or other electronic network activity information.||Our subsidiaries and affiliates.|
Our business partners.
|Category G: Geolocation data||Our subsidiaries and affiliates.|
|Category H: Sensory Data||Our subsidiaries and affiliates.|
Personal Information Sold
For purposes of the CCPA, Anker has not sold Personal Information relating to California residents in the last 12 months.
Additional Rights under California Law
Under California Civil Code section 1798.83, California residents who provide Personal Information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use may request information about the Personal Information shared by Anker, if any, with other third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If applicable, this information will include the identity and addresses of those third parties and the type of Personal Information.
In addition, a business subject to California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 must allow California residents under age 18 who are registered users of online sites, services or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted. Your request should include a detailed description of the specific content or information to be removed. Please be aware that your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
If you are a California resident and you wish to exercise your rights under California laws, please send an email with "California Privacy Rights" in the subject line to email@example.com or write us at "Power Mobile Life, LLC, 400 108th Ave NE, Suite 400, Bellevue, WA 98004." Please be advised that Anker must verify your identity before it can release any information.
- Our Company
- Press Releases
- Contact Us
- Where to Buy
- Media Coverage
- Corporate Purchase
- Documents & Drivers
- Update Firmware
- Process a Warranty
- Warranty Info
- Connected Equipment Warranty
- Product Verification
- MAP Policy
- Shipping Policy
- Product Registration
- WEEE Info
- Contact Us
- US +1 (800) 988 7973 Mon-Fri 6:15AM-5PM (PT)
- UK +44 (0) 1604 936 200 Mon-Sun 6AM-2PM (GMT)
- DE +49 (0) 69 9579 7960 Mon-Fri 6AM-11AM
- JP +81 03 4455 7823 Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM
- CN +86 400 0550 036 Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM
- UAE +971 8000320817 Sun-Thu 9AM-5:30PM
- KSA +966 8008500030 Sun-Thu 8AM-4:30PM
- KW +965 22069086 Sun-Thu 8AM-4:30PM
- Middle East & Africa +971 42463266 Sun-Thu 9AM-5:30PM
- Egypt +20 8000000826 Sun-Thu 7AM-3:30PM