PowerPort 10 Ports
The ultimate charging station
FROM AMERICA'S LEADING USB CHARGING BRAND
- Faster and safer charging with our leading technology
- 10 million+ happy users and counting
Ten ports pump out 60 watts of power, enabling simultaneous multi-device charging.
Advanced Charging Technology
Exclusive to Anker, PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to ensure the fastest possible charge speed (Does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge).
MultiProtect Safety System
Surge protection, temperature control and more advanced safety features keep you and your devices safe.
Awarded the highest energy efficiency rating (DOE 6) by the US Dept. of Energy.
The Anker PowerPort 10 is one of the most compact multi-port USB chargers on the market.
World Famous Warranty
At Anker, we believe in our products. That's why we back them all with an 18-month warranty and provide friendly, easy-to-reach support.
For Optimal Use:
• Use your original cable or a third-party certified one (such as MFi).
• Compatible with iPhones and iPads, Android smartphones and tablets (including the Nexus 7) and other USB-charged devices.
• If a port isn't working properly, it may be because your device has triggered the protective internal safety switch. In order to reset the switch, unplug all cables (including power cable) for five minutes and retry.
• PowerPort 10 may not function properly when charging a combination of devices requiring more than 12 amps.
• This charger is not compatible with the iPod nano, iPod Classic, iPod Shuffle, HP TouchPad and Asus tablets.
• We recommend charging your MacBook while it's turned off or in sleep mode (5-hour recharge time).
- Input: AC 100-240V
- USB Output: 5V / 12A (total)
- Size: 4.4 x 2.7 x 1.1in / 112 x 68 x 27mm
- Weight: 390g /13.8oz
- How do I know when the PowerPort 10 is charging my devices?
- When your devices are connected and/or charging, the PowerPort 10's LED will illuminate in blue.
- What kind of USB charging cables should I use with the PowerPort 10?
- To ensure the utmost safety and performance, we strongly recommend using your device's original cable (OEM) or a certified third-party cable (MFI) to charge your devices with the PowerPort 10.
- What should I do if any port or ports stop working?
- If any port or ports stop working, it may be due to a faulty cable, not the PowerPort 10 itself. Try charging with different cables. If the problem persists, please email us at email@example.com to claim your 18-month warranty.
- What if the PowerPort 10's LED is working but my device isn't charging?
- If the PowerPort 10's LED is working but your device is not charging, your cable may be faulty. Try charging with different cables. If the problem persists, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your 18-month warranty.
- Documents & Drivers
- Update Firmware
- Process a Warranty
- Warranty Info
- Product Verification
- WEEE Info