PowerPort 2 Ports
The High-Speed 2-Port USB Wall Charger
From ANKER, America's Leading USB Charging Brand
- Faster and safer charging with our advanced technology
- 20 million+ happy users and counting
Anker's exclusive PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to ensure the fastest possible charge.
2 ports pump out 24 watts of power, enough to simultaneously charge two iPads at full speed.
MultiProtect Safety System
Surge protection, short circuit prevention, temperature control and more keep you and your devices safe. 12 / 24 volt input.
Compact design with foldable plug makes PowerPort 2 one of the most portable dual-port USB chargers on the market.
LED Indicator Light
Green lets you know your device is plugged in and charging. Blue means fully charged or idle.
At Anker, we believe in our products. That's why we back them all with an 18-month warranty and provide friendly, easy-to-reach support.
For Optimal Use:
• Use your original cable or a third-party-certified one (such as MFi).
• Compatible with Apple and Android smartphones, tablets (including the Nexus 7) and other USB-charged devices except for the iPod nano / Classic / Shuffle, HP TouchPad, Dell Venue 11 Pro and Asus tablets.
- Input:AC 100-240V~0.7A 50-60Hz
- DC Output:5V / 4.8A
- Size:2.2×2.1×1.1in / 57×54×29mm
- Weight:3.4oz / 96g
- How do I know when the PowerPort 2 is charging my devices?
- When the PowerPort 2 is "slowly charging" or in standby mode (at an output current of less than 150mA), the LED will illuminate in blue. When the PowerPort 2 is "fast charging"(at an output current of higher than 150mA), the LED will illuminate in green.
- What kind of USB charging cables should I use with the PowerPort 2?
- To ensure the utmost safety and performance, we strongly recommend using your device's original cable (OEM) or a certified third-party cable (MFI) to charge your devices with the PowerPort 2.
- What should I do if any port or ports stop working?
- If any port or ports stop working, it may be due to a faulty cable, not the PowerPort 2 itself. Try charging with different cables. If the problem persists, please email us at email@example.com to claim your 18-month warranty.
- What if the PowerPort 2's LED is working but my device isn't charging?
- If the LED is working but your device is not charging, your cable may be faulty. Try charging with different cables. If the problem persists, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your 18-month warranty.
- What should I do if the PowerPort 2 is not responding to my devices (i.e. the LED indicator stops illuminating even though my devices are plugged in)?
- If the PowerPort 2 is unresponsive when your devices are plugged in, please:
1. Check to ensure that the PowerPort 2 is securely plugged into an outlet.
2. Try the PowerPort+ 1 in a different outlet. If the problem persists, please email us at email@example.com.
- What if the PowerPort 2 charges my device(s) slowly?
- 1. Your cable may be faulty. Try using a different cable.
2. Check that the total input current required by your devices is not higher than 4.8A. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org during your 18-month warranty if the above do not resolve the problem.
- My device charges at 1A, will the PowerPort 2 4.8A output harm it?
- No, the PowerPort 2 will only supply the maximum charge current that your device requires.
- How do I check my device’s input current and voltage?
- Refer to your device’s user manual, original OEM charging adapter, contact the manufacturer, or search online to find this information.
- When the PowerPort 2 is plugged into an outlet but has no devices plugged in, will it consume power? What is the standby power consumption?
- The PowerPort 2 will consume almost no power in this state. Its standby power consumption rate is less than 0.3W.
- Can I use this PowerPort 2 in other countries?
- Yes. This PowerPort 2 is compatible with 100-240V outlets, which means you can use it anywhere in the world as long as you have the right wall plug.