AMERICA'S LEADING USB CHARGING BRAND
- Faster and safer charging with our leading technology
- 10 million+ happy users and counting
PowerPort 5 Ports
40W 5-port USB charging hub for phones, tablets & more
Advanced Charging Technology
Exclusive to Anker, PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to ensure the fastest possible charge. (Does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge).
Five ports pump out 40 watts of power, enabling simultaneous multi-device charging.
Awarded the highest energy efficiency rating (DOE 6) by the US Dept. of Energy.
MultiProtect Safety System
Surge protection, temperature control and more advanced safety features keep you and your devices safe.
Built with industry grade materials and premium circuitry, this product meets the rigorous safety standards of Underwriters Laboratories.
As small and light as a pack of cards, the Anker PowerPort 5 is one of the most compact multi-port USB chargers on the market.
For Optimal Use:
- Use your original cable or a third-party certified one (such as MFi).
- Compatible with Apple and Android smartphones, tablets (including the Nexus 7) and other USB-charged devices.
If a port isn't working properly, it may be because your device has triggered the protective internal safety switch. In order to reset the switch, unplug all cables (including power cable) for five seconds and retry.
This charger is not compatible with the iPod nano, iPod Classic, iPod Shuffle, HP TouchPad and Asus tablets.
We recommend charging your MacBook while it's turned off or in sleep mode (5-hour recharge time).
- Input :AC 100-240V
- USB Output :5V / 8A (total)
- Size :3.6 x 2.3 x 1.0in / 91 x 58 x 27mm
- Weight :8.29oz / 235g
- What does "PowerIQ" mean?
- Anker's built-in PowerIQ technology intelligently identifies your device and adapts to its specific charging protocol. With PowerIQ you can enjoy universal compatibility with optimized charging speed. The maximum output is 5V/2.4A.
- Which cable should I use with PowerPort 5?
- For optimal results, we strongly recommend using your device's original cable or a certified third-party cable.
- My device is not charging. What should I do?
- Please try a different outlet or device. If the problem persists, reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Why are my Samsung Galaxy devices charging slightly slower with PowerPort 5?
- PowerPort 5 doesn't support QualComm Quick Charge, so it will charge Quick Charge devices at regular speeds.
- How do I check my device’s input current and voltage?
- Please refer to your device’s user manual and/or original OEM charging adapter. For further assistance, contact your device’s manufacturer.
- My device charges at 1A, will PowerPort 5’s 8A output harm it?
- No. PowerPort 5 will only supply the maximum current allowed by your device, up to 2.4A from each port. When using PowerPort 5 with a device only capable of drawing 1A, only 1A will be supplied.
- If I lose PowerPort 5’s original power cable, how do I get a new one?
- The product-bundled cable is not sold separately. You can find one online by searching for "C7 cable" or "figure 8 cord." If you are in need of a premium replacement cable for micro USB, UCB-C, or Lightning connectors, Anker offers a wide range, including the acclaimed PowerLine series.
- When PowerPort 5 is plugged into an outlet but has no devices plugged in, will it consume power? What is the standby power consumption?
- PowerPort 5 will consume almost no power in this state. Its standby power consumption is rated at less than 0.5W.
- Can I use PowerPort 5 in other countries?
- Yes, PowerPort 5 features international voltage compatibility for 100-240V. However, because the plug is designed for the country to which it was originally shipped, you may need to use a plug adapter when traveling.
- What should I do if some of the ports stop working?
- If a certain port isn't working properly, this may mean that PowerPort 5’s internal safety switch has been triggered. To reset the switch, unplug all cables and unplug the charger from your outlet. Leave for five minutes, then retry.